As a legally incorporated body, CCIWI is able to confer clergy status (Rev.) on financial CCIWI members who meet all the requirements. For successful application, applicants must;
- Be at least 18 years old,
- Be current financial members of CCIWI,
- Be current members of a recognised Inclusive Wiccan coven or group,
- Have been a financial member of CCIWI for at least 12 months,
- Have completed the Toward Second Degree training program or an acceptable alternative,
- Successfully complete the clergy examination,
- Complete mandatory reporting training for suspected abuse if applicable in your state/country,
- Supply two references from members of CCIWI,
- Have shown a compatible philosophy and religious practice to that of CCIWI,
- Agree to be bound by the constitution of this association.
While that may sound fairly comprehensive, it’s important to remember that the general public expect that persons who hold the title Rev. are ethical and responsible. Clerical status is therefore one that needs to be earned and not simply conferred without meeting a set of ethical, theoretical and practical standards conducive with such a responsible title. At CCIWI, this is why we take great pains to ensure we only confer the status on those who meet our intensive standards. Once approved, the applicant becomes a clerical, rather than a normal member of CCIWI, receives a certificate and an ID badge.
If you’d like to know more about applying for clerical status please feel free to contact the CCIWI Council or your Inclusive Wiccan coven leader who will give you the details.